Business Manager / Instructor – Sailing School
The Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club is accepting applications for the position of Sailing School Business Manager/Instructor for the 2016 season. RNYC Sailing School runs a Sail Canada CanSail Junior Sailing Program, an Adult Learn-to-Sail Program, training sessions and regattas. The RNYC is located on Long Pond, Manuels in CBS, just minutes from St. John’s.
This position reports to the Head Coach and is a combination of office business manager and sailing instructor. The business manager portion of this position is responsible for all business operations of the school. In the absence of the Head Coach this position is the acting supervisor for the sailing school.
Business Manager responsibilities and required skills include:
• Handling all registrations for sailing school programs, training sessions and regattas
• Answering the school phone, voicemail, Facebook requests and emails
• Corresponding with parents and providing customer service on all school matters
• Updating the school Facebook page with notices about upcoming events
• Ensuring staff work hours are recorded daily and payroll reports are delivered to the RNYC
• Following budgetary guidelines for required purchases
• Organizing the weekly lunch BBQ
• Ensuring that the building and grounds are kept clean, tidy and secure
• Assisting in the development and execution of a marketing plan as needed
• Leading the organization and execution of the end of year awards event
• Coordinating the pre-season set up and post season take down of the sailing school
• Assisting the Head Coach in the coordination of regatta and training session logistics
• Ability to use Excel, Word and social media applications
• Conducting yourself in an energetic and positive manner
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
• Experience managing staff an asset
• Other related duties as required
Instructor qualifications and responsibilities:
• For a list of Instructor qualifications and responsibilities, please refer to the RNYC job posting titled “Instructors & Assistant Instructors – Sailing School”
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time but no later than Monday, 08 March 2016 at 5pm NST. Note that interviews may begin before the deadline date. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all who apply.