The Royal Newfoundland Yacht Club is accepting applications for Sailing School Instructors and Assistant Sailing Instructors for the 2016 season. The RNYC Sailing School runs both a Sail Canada CANSail Junior Sailing Program, an Adult Learn-to-Sail Program, training sessions and regattas. The RNYC is located on Long Pond Manuals, CBS, just minutes from St. John’s.
The school is looking to hire Instructors & Assistant Instructors to run the following CANSail Programs:
2. CANSail 1&2
3. CANSail 3&4
4. CANSail 5&6
5. Adult Learn-to-Sail Program
(See separate RNYC job posting titled “Adult Learn-to-Sail Instructor – Sailing School)
The ideal candidate(s) will have the following qualifications, experience & skills:
• One or more of the following CANSail Instructor Certifications for Wetfeet, CANSail 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 (instructor registration and dues must be current and paid to Sail Canada by 01 June 2016)
• Experience instructing CANSail programs to children and teens
• Experience operating a coach boat (rubber dinghy with outboard motor)
• Experience sailing and coaching developmental classes dinghies; Opti, Radial, Laser, C420 and 29er is an asset
• Coach Boat Rescue Course Certificate (Sail Canada)
• Pleasure Craft Operators Certificate (Transport Canada)
• Marine Radio Certification (Canadian Power and Sail Squadron)
• Standard First Aid Certificate – 2 day course (St. John Ambulance, Canadian Red Cross or equivalent)
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Instructing kids and teens sailing lessons following the CANSail program curriculum
• Reporting weekly on each sailor’s progression through the CANSail curriculum
• Coming up with imaginative ways to teach various sailing skills
• Keeping safety of students the priority. Includes but not limited to the ongoing inspection of equipment and reporting deficiencies to the Head Coach following school reporting procedures.
• Keeping the sailing clubhouse and grounds tidy, clean and secure
• Assisting in the maintenance of the school’s dinghy fleet
• Assisting in the set up and take down of the school during shoulder seasons
• Participation in school events such as school regattas, lunch BBQ, awards event.
• Contribute to marketing, if requested
• Ensuring the delivery of a fun and quality sailing and learning experience for all participants
• Conducting yourself in an energetic, professional and positive manner
• Other related duties as required
Questions about this position may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . NOTE: Interviews will begin immediately. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to all who apply.